Tuesday, June 02, 2009

Settling In

Moving has come and gone, boxes are being unpacked, sore backs, legs and arms nursed.

The new place is wonderful!!

That said, life for the last few days has been full of the most basic elements of life.

matching
On Friday we drove down to the Sweeties hometown to witness the marriage of his best friend from his high school days.

It was a nice ceremony presided over by the Bride's father, a Presbyterian minister. I'm used to short and sweet United Church ceremonies so it seemed long. The man managed to lecture the groom for awhile and then busted out some props (Bride and Groom Mickey & Minny Saltshakers).

I thought he might forgo the regular father of the Bride speech at dinner since I couldn't think of anything else he might have to say but he managed to eek out another TWO speeches before the end of the night. He also forgot the marriage license in his car and had to go get it halfway through the ceremony.


Otherwise it was one of the nicest weddings I've been to.

Other points of interest during the night: the roast was ball of beef with a three foot diameter and I actually convinced the sweetie to dance ONE dance with me. Unfortunately it was the chicken dance. Maybe next time I can talk him into a slow dance.

hatching
Today a good freind of mine gave birth to a healthy baby girl. They named her Gavin.

I will visit them tomorrow and will try not to think to much about how much I want my own.
Technically it is my hormones that want it, I'm still on the fence but they can be very persuasive when faced with an actual tiny cooing human. (tiny screaming human is not a deterent either)

Unemployed accountants do not make good parents. At least not until the sweetie graduates and starts a career.


dispatching
Okay, no one died recently. Though one of the new roomies did trip over a series of boxes causing an 8 foot headlong sprawl accross the living room ending in his head going through some drywall.
He suffered no damage. Though I did laugh so hard I had a stitch in my side once it was confirmed he was OK.

I might be a jerk.

No comments:

Post a Comment