Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Contracting and Expanding

Having reread my last blog entry I can only wonder what I was thinking. It's not that I disagree with any particular thing I said, but I was way too enthusiastic on the subject. Yes Barbarella and Zardoz were awesome, but were they as awesome as I waxed poetic? I'm just not that sure anymore.

Still, give them a watch, hopefully you won't regret it.

While you're at it give Bubba Ho-Tep a watch too. I could never figure out if it was awesome or I wanted those two hours of my life back.

Things I'm currently excited about:

in a wicked age

Possibly one of the awesomest RPG's I've come across. The total rulebook is only 37 pages, the entire world is created interactively by all players. There are sites dedicated to alternate world oracles with an almost limitless ability to adapt the system to any setting.

What struck me most was this"
"...I’m certain that if any two of your friends come to a dispute you’ll be able to help
them resolve it."

It would be easy to be disdainful or sarcastic about such seemingly naive statement but it really says great things about what kind of game this expects to be.

You're all there working together to create the best story with maximum fun for all. Difficult? Yes. Worth the effort? Totally.

Find the right people to play it with and the whole rpg experience become reborn.

eclectophilia: the radio show

The name of this blog was originally created for a show proposal for a local community radio station. Basically it's an awesome name and an excuse to do a show where I play whatever I feel like.

Although I received excellent feedback about the idea when I first came up with the it, the station manager at the time thought that it was a bad idea because I wouldn't have a stable concept. She thought that a show that might play bluegrass one week and punk the next wouldn't be able to hold a listenership. Not a bad argument except that when I did some market research I got all positive feedback. Summarily rejected on one woman's narrow opinion. Ah well.

I ended up doing a Celtic music program called Aura's Kilt. It's taken me over two years to really enjoy Celtic music again. Too much of a good thing I guess.

But now the station is under new management. This time I have ideas for the first ten shows and Cheesy Punny names for most of them. I just need to check my playlists to ensure I have enough Canadian Content to meet CKLU's broadcasting license and I will be ready to make my pitch.

WACHAH!

No comments:

Post a Comment