Friday, July 10, 2009

Work and rethinking my friends

I've been watching a lot of John Hughes movies lately, working my way through the list. They're a fun bit of unreality to while away some time. I'm needing a little bit of escapism lately.

I haven't written much, I'm either working or in pain from work lately.
I don't want to be working but I have to pay the rent so I got a part time job in the local variety store. I'm hoping it will help me me get a better feel for dialogue and so far I think it has.

It's seriously low stress except it's supposed to be part time and she keeps calling me in for extra shifts. So much for having time to write.

On that note, I still need to edit one of my short stories so it's suitable for radio broadcast. My writing group is planning on doing some on air broadcasts of our work.

I also started a new story. It's a murder mystery. I dreamed one of my closest freinds was a serial killer and I was his latest victim which is my starting point.

The scariest part is that after I woke up, it wasn't so unbelievable. The idea that he is a psychopath mostly seemed to explain a lot.

It made me think of a lot of things I've ignored for various reasons that when looked at together equal something... not right.

Do I really think he is capable of killing people? I think anyone is capable under the right circumstances. I think his buttons might just be more likely to be pushed then that of the average person. And less understandable to a normal mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment